Do any of these sound familiar?
- Pain or tenderness in your face, jaw, neck, or around the ear when you chew, speak, or open your mouth wide
- A clicking, popping, or grating sound when you chew and/or open or close your mouth
- Jaws that lock in the open position
- The feeling as if your teeth do not fit together properly when the mouth is closed
- A tired feeling in your face
- Toothaches, headaches, ringing in the ears, or hearing problems
All of these can be related to one part of the body: the Temporomandibular Joint. This hinge joint connects the jaw to the temporal bones of the skull to allow the jaw to move up and down and side to side so that you can chew, speak, and yawn. Many people have issues with this joint, and while some find that their issues result from injury or teeth grinding, most people do not have a specific cause for this painful disorder.
At Crabapple Dental, we are a comprehensive dental practice that offers TMJ treatments to residents of Alpharetta, Milton, and the surrounding areas. Dr. Sarah Roberts is a committed dentist who works hard to deliver the highest level of dental care to her patients. Dr. Roberts can effectively diagnose and treat the cause of this disorder using the latest in technology and dental techniques to relieve painful symptoms.
If you are looking for a dentist to trust for your family, or you are specifically looking for a dentist who treats TMJ, call Crabapple Dental today. Our practice is currently accepting new patients, and we look forward to serving you.